It could almost be considered criminal not to include vodka sour in our menu of brand new summer cocktails. Forming the basis of every sour there is always a distillate, and usually this is whiskey. We can use this base to create many variants. The added lemon will give the tartness of the sour in the name of the cocktails whilst the sweet ingredient, usually sugar will mitigate the sourness.
Our Vodka Sour is different. Perhaps even unique. In our very individual Babingtons style we make our cocktail using vodka infused tea. Not just any old tea, but our own White Passion, sublime Chinese White Pai Mu Tan which we have enriched with a nuance of pear, peach and exotic fruits. This infusion harmonises perfectly the flavour of the fresh fruits with the fine intricacy of the Chinese white tea giving us a velvety, refreshing blend.
To give our Babingtons a Vodka Sour it's own singular flavour our White Passion tea is infused in the pure vodka for at least four to four and a half hours. This allows for a perfect distillation and absorption of the leaves’ scents and flavours. Our cocktail is also served in a unique and different style ! Not in your ordinary run of the mill cocktail glass, but in a tea cup thus giving it our Babingtons touch, the touch of 125 years of history in the world of tea.
- 1.5 oz White Passion infused vodka
- ¾ oz lemon juice
- ½ oz sugar syrup
- 1 drop egg white
- Lemon and orange peel to garnish
- Instill White Passion tea in vodka for at least 4 – 4 ½ hours
- Place ice in the tea cup to cool the cup
- Pour the tea infused vodka, sugar syrup, ice and egg white into a cocktail shaker
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds
- Remove ice from tea cup
- Pour the cocktail into the cup
- Garnish with orange and lemon rind